Sibelius 7 is the easiest way to write music and sophisticated enough to meet the demands of top composers, arrangers, and publishers and beginners or students. Its task-oriented user interface makes it simple to experience your scores in stunning clarity with the exclusive, professional-quality sound library. Collaborate easily thanks to full MusicXML interchange support and other sharing options. View beautiful, print-quality scores with advanced typography and graphics support. Designed by musicians for musicians, Sibelius 7 is the fastest, smartest, easiest way to write music. You can even take your scores on the go with the Avid Scorch app for iPad.
New in Sibelius 7
- Task-oriented user interface. The interface provides task-focused tabs that walks you through the process of creating a score - from start to finish! Every feature has an icon and a text description with full contextual help available when you need it.
- Professional sound library. You finesse every detail of your score and can hear every nuance during playback. Sibelius 7 includes more than 38 GB of professional content, including a specially recorded symphony orchestra, rock and pop instruments, and much more.
- Native 64-bit support. Sibelius 7 is the world’s first 64-bit notation software, enabling you to unlock the full power of your 64-bit system so you can work more quickly, with more virtual instruments and effects than ever before.
- Switch to Sibelius from Finale. There’s never been a better time to switch from Finale to Sibelius. Sibelius now features a step-time note input method that is very similar to Finale software’s Speedy Entry method, right down to using many of the same keystrokes. So if you know Finale, you know Sibelius too. Sibelius 7 includes full MusicXML export capability too, so you can exchange files with hundreds of other applications, including Finale.
- Text and typography enhancements. Take advantage of the latest OpenType fonts, including advanced features like ligatures, and employ them in text frames with full Desktop Publishing (DTP) level capabilities. There’s no need to export projects to a separate DTP application—now you can complete many of them within Sibelius 7.
- Graphics import and export. Sibelius 7 makes it easy to import graphics in all major formats, then manipulate them to build complex layouts for publishing, creating teaching materials, instructional books, and more. You can export the full score as publication-quality graphics in PDF format, plus individual pages or smaller sections in EPS, PNG, and SVG formats.