User vs. Device License
User licenses are tied to an individual and allows that user to use the software on two devices. The two installation limit is reset every time you uninstall the program (i.e. you can uninstall the program from one machine to get an installation back). Only one instance of the program can be active at any time.
Device licenses are tied to a specific machine and allows any user to use the software on that device. This is the best option if multiple users share a multimedia machine at your nonprofit. Device licenses get one installation per license.
Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams gives you unlimited access to the entire collection of Adobe products, as well as Cloud-only features. Nonprofits and church organizations are eligible to purchase Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams at a discounted rate (seen above).
Benefits for Nonprofits and Churches
Use Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams to:
- Create meaningful images and publications to drive your nonprofit's mission statement with Adobe's entire software line at your disposal (e.g. Dreamweaver, Muse, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more)
- Design your organization's website without a programmer's help using Adobe Creative Cloud's exclusives, Adobe Muse and Adobe Edge
- Access Adobe programs that you only need occasionally but could never have justified paying for in the past
- Save your organization money; Adobe Creative Cloud is cost effective over time since cloud products are updated regularly. Your organization will always stay up-to-date with new technologies and tools
- Easily manage your budget for software purchases as a constant expense rather than large unpredictable investments
- Easily integrate and train new staff members while diminishing the learning curves between applications
- Save your IT staff time by centralizing location and management of various Adobe applications in one easily managed console. You can add, delete, or transfer licenses between members of your organization.
- Store your organization's information using Adobe's Cloud server and access your files from anywhere
This product is an annual subscription that needs to be renewed to maintain access to the program. A subscription license gives users access to the latest version of the software, updates, and cloud services. It's a good option for those who want to pay a lower upfront cost, need access to new features, and prefer an easy way to manage their licenses.